Friday, June 23, 2006

Amanda Final Blog: Thursday

Amanda's trip ends today with her latest entry!

"This morning when I got up I got ready for the day. I had a breakfast while watching Aquamarine with Emma Roberts and Jo Jo. After that we met some of Gradma's neighbors, the Madsens, who seemed to know me from when I was a little little girl. Then we went down to the animal shelter and got my grandparents new dog. He has curly hair, is black, and is a retriever. He is very very sweet. They decided to name him Amigo. We also played the card game Spoons. Grandma had S-P-O-O-N, and Grandpa and I had S-P-O-O. After that, it was time to go, so we drove down to the Denver airport and I got my last sleeping time in their car, since it takes about 90 minutes to get there. While in the airport, we went to a gift shop where I got to choose something that looked nice to me. And then we went to a restaurant, well, fast food joint, and I went to a mexican cafe/taco place. We went to my boarding gate and there, it took a long time to wait for the airplane to leave. After what seemed like forever on the airplane, I got back to Oregon where my Dad picked me up. After getting my baggage from the baggage place, we could finally drive home. Home sweet home. And that was my Colorado trip."

Father's note: Spoons is the "family tradition" fun game. Played with a deck of cards (or 2), players try to collect 4 of a kind as cards are quickly flung in front of them. Once they do, they get to grab a spoon off the table. After the first spoon is grabbed, anyone can grab a spoon until there are no more. The player left without a spoon gets a letter score against them, spelling the word S-P-O-O-N-S (or S-P-O-O-N-E-R-I-F-I-C.. depending on how long you want to play. The game get's wild, and extremely violent as players fight for the final spoons. Ahhhh. family violence.... And while I know she enjoyed her trip, it is nice to have her back.. safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment