Sunday, January 13, 2008

Letter To The Tooth-Fairy


Dear Tooth-Fairy,
Ok, winged one... enough is enough. My kid is getting rich from you! While I understand it is nice to reward kids for losing teeth, I think you are starting to spoil my child. First, Tuesday night, your second visit to our home (and how'd you get by the security system, by the way?!), caused Little Calvin to excitedly run from his room, money in hand the next morning. One visit this week? Ok. I can handle that.

But then came Friday night. After spending several days working on two more teeth, Little Calvin decided he'd had enough of the discomfort and agreed to let his Mom pull his top two teeth out, as the new teeth were already coming in. And what did you do to reward his bravery? You added more money as a reward! So that's three teeth this week, plus a bonus buck!

Now, several years ago, I lost the last of my baby teeth (yup, I'm weird). I had been dentist phobic for years, and finally had to work up the courage to go back, only to end up having a tooth surgically removed... Well, ok.. maybe that wasn't actually considered "surgery", but they put me under so I wouldn't remember anything.. or bite the dentist.. so that's close enough. I was brave!!! I lost a tooth! And what did you bring me for my bravery? Nada. Nothing, ZILCH!

So what gives? I get left in the tooth lurch while you spoil my child... That just aint right...But at least you are giving us lots of opportunities to see Little Calvin's cute, although very temporary toothless smile and grin at his lisping all weekend.

But give me a break.. any more teeth and Little Calvin will be outspending even me with his new found riches. Since we are trying to slow down his growing.. it's all happening way to quickly... you need to not be visiting quite so much!!

-------------------

Quick side note.. I was just doing some internet surfing, checking out the sites I frequent and discovered I won a small Disneyworld contest. While It's nothing earth shattering, it was at least fun to stumble upon it pretty much by accident. The contest, held by the WDW Radio podcast allowed listeners to submit a name for the various mile markers for this weekends Disneyworld Half and Full Marathon, while also answering trivia questions. I had entered the contest to name the final mile of the Half Marathon race, mile #13. As I was keeping up with the events of this weekend's races and festivities, I found a course map and sure enough.. the name of mile 13.. was mine.


Now.. have I been notified yet? Nope, and the podcast episode that announces the winner won't even be out until next week. But considering I stumbled across it and there's my name.. I am taking that as a good sign that I'll be getting an extra cool package in the mail soon. So I'll eagerly be waiting for several new books, some Pirates of the Caribbean swag and my official mile marker naming certificate. This will all come in quite handy for this summer's family vacation to Disneyworld!

No comments:

Post a Comment