Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Movie Update: The Indy Trailer

Just a quick post tonight to announce that our little "boys summer project" is finally getting finished. Yes, I know.. only 6 months late. I technically completed editing the film just before Thanksgiving and we had a screening of it with friends just after Thanksgiving dinner. But based on the reaction that I got from showing it.. I wasn't satisfied with it yet, but didn't have the time to properly fix all the little details that bugged me.

Now that my work layoff has been extended a few more weeks, I finally have the time to go back in and make it right. So this last week, the cameras came back out, the microphones were pulled out of their cases and we went back to work, re-recording some dialogue, and filming a few tidbits to pop in. With those new elements in place, I am much more satisfied with the (almost) finished product. I just have a few more scenes to refine and it will be all done. But, finally getting all these tweaks completed did allow me to also have a version good enough that I felt comfortable cutting it all to pieces to make our official "trailer". You can watch it below, or you can visit the film's official website, now updated to include the trailer and poster. Visit it at www.swordofcumorah.com.

Very shortly, the site will be updated to include the full film, a behind the scenes video, and much more. Here's the trailer:



And just for extra kicks, in case you are wondering what the photo is at the top of this post, I am adding a quick "behind the scenes" video of some work Little Calvin and I did yesterday. I am augmenting the "head explosion" sequence with a few more exploding brains. Yes, I am a sick, sick man.. but the original version just wasn't gross enough.


1 comment:

  1. Steve-
    how do u make a live feed on your blog?
    www.willpntech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete