Monday, April 3, 2006

The 4 AM Blog

So here I am... at my desk... at the office... at 4 A.M... I really can't complain, it's not a new work schedule, it's not a new standard. It is simply a one-time incident as we support our East Coast business needs. But as I have gone through the whole "being at the office at 4 AM" thing, I have made a few observations:

• Plastic toy TIE Fighters make A LOT of noise when accidently kicked across the living room, as I silently try to leave the house.

• It is depressing enough getting in the car to go to work at 3:30 AM. But when the car clock still says 2:30 thanks to not having been adjusted to Daylight Savings time, it makes it all the worse.

• Talk radio at 3:30 AM..... stinks..

• Parking lots are VERY dark at 4 AM! Watch out for curbs!

• My boss has very weird musical tastes at 4 AM!

• People are pretty darn cranky without coffee.

• I went to bed last night. For me it is Monday morning. My co-worker just stayed up all night. For him its still Sunday. Communicating so far has been very confusing..

• If you want a Sausage McMuffin with Egg, wait until McDonalds opens at 6 AM. DO NOT settle for a gas station equivalent!!! They must put health department warning on those things...

• After a "super-cafinated" extra large cup of coffee, my boss actually cackles as he laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment