Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Amanda Blog: Monday

Here is part two of Amanda's trip blogs.. She seems to be enjoying herself.. How could she not be? She is being completely spoiled by her grandparents and she is spending time away from a household of brothers, who are currently in full scale "pirate mode". It's all sword fights on ships, treasure hunts and maps as the boys prepare for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I can't believe Amanda wouldn't enjoying that (yeah right).. But here is her entry:

"Wow! Today was an interesting day as I visited the Colorado Mills mall in Denver. First it was Build-a-Bear, then it was the salon then it was the mime merry-go-round then the movies. What do you know?! Anyways, at Build a Bear I got a froggy. His name is CJ--aka Cosmic Jump. He got a groovy outfit and groovy shoes. At the salon I got a pedicure and manicure and the water felt soooo good. They did some funky things. I got a little flower design on two of my toes and my two middle fingers.

The mime merry-go-round was where I made faces and Grandma and Grandpa laughed hard. I could see it in their eyes. I acted really weird all the way to the movies says Grandma. We saw the movie Over the Hedge. It was funny, hilarious and good. On the way home I fell asleep. I had Snowball (my bear from my last Build a Bear trip) and CJ in my lap. They're good friends now. We went to King Soopers where we got donuts and other things. I also met a lot of people that I don't know! "

Freaky side note: According to my phone calls and instant messages with Amanda while on her trip, she is reporting that while she received her manicure, my father... got a pedicure. Let me say that again.. MY FATHER..... GOT A PEDICURE. Did the right people pick up my daughter from the airport? Who are these people, because I can guarantee you.... THESE ARE NOT THE PEOPLE I GREW UP WITH!!! Sure, she went on and on about how black her grandpa's toes were, but still.... This is my Dad we are talking about.. sitting in a chair... having someone do hos toes...

1 comment:

  1. Amanda was playing with you. Believe me, your father did not have a pedicure but your mother did. Your father went to the bookstore across the street. The merry-go-round was a real one in the center of the mall. Her mime was faces she made while riding it. It was quite funny.

    ReplyDelete