Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Seeing Green

What a crazy week it has been! Too many deadlines... too little time! And unfortunately, my blogging has suffered. But it's time to get back on track and continue to report the craziness that takes place in the Calvin household.

This weekend we had a nice treat! A visit from Dawn's Grandma and Grandpa Green, stopping at our house for several nights midway through their Oregon sales route.

Having the Green's over provides many benefits! First, and most importantly, we get to see them and spend time with them. Since they live in Idaho, we don't get to see them as much as we would like. This gives Little Calvin ample time to wrestle with Grandpa and show off his stuff. Second, it gives me a chance to cook! Somehow my enchiladas are famous throughout the family. Anytime people come to visit, they insist on eating my enchiladas, and since I enjoy eating them too.. well, now I have an excuse to cook! Plus I decided to try my hand at making Banana Cream Pie for the first time. I make pies all the time, how hard could this one be. But somehow I ended up with Banana Cream soup. Oh well, next time I'll just cheat and go for the Jello pudding mix version. It still tasted good.

No comments:

Post a Comment